Focusing on love

There’s a lot to love in the world.


It’s easy to be critical. It’s easy to complain about things… even things you love. I’d guess that 80% of social media posts involve complaining about something. (The other 20% involve pets.)

Focusing on things we love is a choice and I’ve recently decided to start writing regularly about things I love. Once a week, I’m going to write a short post about something I love. It might be a possession, an app, a website, a service, a place or a person. It’s not a review. I’m not going to break out the pros and cons. I’m not going to be critical. I’m just going to take the opportunity to tell you about something I love and why it matters to me. I’ve posted the first one this week about my favorite writing utensils — fountain pens.

Bob Wertz writes about design, technology and pop culture at Sketchbook B. Bob is a Columbia, South Carolina-based designer, researcher, college instructor, husband and dad. He’s particularly obsessed with typography, the creative process and the tools we use to create. Follow Bob on Instagram.